Vacancy: Project Officer for the Interregional Alliance for the Rhine-Alpine Corridor EGTC
M1, 4-5, 68161 Mannheim, Germany, Phone: +49 (0)-621 10708-235
The Interregional Alliance for the Rhine-Alpine Corridor EGTC (hereinafter EGTC) is looking for a part-time project officer for its specific activities.
The EGTC participates with 32 partner organisations in the project PLANET -Progress towards Federated Logistics Through The Integration Of TEN-T into A Global Trade Network. The PLANET project is funded by the EU under the Horizon 2020 programme. It runs until May 2023.
The officer will be in charge of the implementation of the EGTC tasks defined in the project’s work plan (cp. annex) in close cooperation with the Director and the EGTC office. The work is also part of the activities taking place in the EGTC’s focus groups Smart Mobility and Green Corridor.
For more information see the project fiche enclosed and https://www.planetproject.eu/
For this project work, we are looking for a project officer from June 2021 – May 2023.
There is an opportunity to increase the tasks and the related working hours if another project “H2SHIPS” will be approved under the INTERREG Northwest-Europe programme, aiming at a synchronised approach to establish a comprehensive hydrogen ecosystem for mobility along the transport corridor. If the initiative will be approved for funding, the largely overlapping running time would last from April 2021 to January 2023.
- Basis knowledge of EU law, its institutions and policies
- Experience in EU-funded projects/Programmes management is an asset
- Project management
- General knowledge of national transport policies (3 countries involved) will be an asset
- Bachelor or Master degree in any field of relevance to the above tasks (transport planning, spatial development, political science, project management, MBA etc.) or equivalent experience
- High level of proficiency and fluency in English and German, further beneficious languages are Dutch, French and Italian
- Excellent communication and drafting skills
- Excellent logical and analytical skills
- Excellent computer literacy (MS Office)
- Practice with WordPress and social media platforms will be an asset
- Service/client oriented
- Political sensitivity, integrity and result orientation
- Taking initiative specifically in challenging situations
- Team spirit and loyalty to other colleagues whilst maintaining a high performance level
- Capacity to work in a multicultural / international environment
- Flexible approach to work; willingness to travel
What we offer:
- Part-time (50%) position for 24 months
- Employment with public service contract (TVöD) formally at Verband Region Rhein-Neckar with delegation to Interregional Alliance for the Rhine-Alien Corridor EGTC (same location)
- International working atmosphere
- Participation at project related meetings and conferences
- Being part of a European network
- Cooperation with European transport and logistics experts
- Opportunity to gain excellent state-of-the-art knowledge